Friday, February 27, 2009

Vows

So, we've decided that we're going to write our own vows. Now, at first we weren't going to because it's easy and straightforward, but the more we talked about it we thought we should. Writing your own vows makes the wedding more personal and it really gives us a chance to say how we feel about each other. It's also nice to since our real wedding was the basic straightforward stuff.

I have no idea what to say. Although, there is something I really really want to add. That will be kept a secret until the wedding day. Haha. I'm excited for that part too. =) I know how I feel about him, it's just now the fact that I have to find how to say it right. Maybe I shouldn't even plan...just say what I really feel.

Thinking about the vows though brought me back to this really good book, "The Mastery of Love" by Don Miguel Ruiz. The first chapter is called "The Wounded Mind". He wrote, "The fear of not being good enough for someone else is what makes us try to change, what makes us create an image." With Ira, I do have that fear that I'm not good enough for him at times. He's too good to be true, and I do still believe that. But I have never had to "create an image" and pretend to be someone I'm not. The fear of not being good enough has gotten me to learn to take a step back whenever I freak out, and really see what I could change to be a better person, not just for him, but for myself. This also brought me to something else he wrote in the book, which I truly believe. "You cannot change other people. You love them the way they are or you don't. You accept them the way they are, or you don't."

Huh...maybe I've just come up with some of the vows already.

P.S.
This book is highly recommended to read. It's great.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, KitKat that is all so deep. Don is good and he sounds about right to me. I mean you love me just the way I am. Giggle...

    ReplyDelete