Monday, February 23, 2009

Living Will

Ok, it's 4:30am, my brain cannot go to back to bed. We even went to sleep around 11:30pm! Well, I must be crazy, but I started thinking about our will. One requirement for Pastor Church to re-marry us was that we need to make up our will before the second ceremony. (Yes, we had our real one already in April 2009. Small and simple at our new home. The new home being why we couldn't afford the bigger soiree.)

About a month ago, I called Balance. The credit union I work for, 1st United Services Credit Union, partnered with Balance to give our members and employees a place for any financial resources, and how to keep us on track. Well, from one of our meetings I found out they give out free sample will kits. I called them one day and had them send me one. There is a lot to think about!

We don't own too much, but if you want the possessions you own to not be sold by the government or anything, you should really make out a will. As sad as it is to think about, you really never know when you may leave this earth.

Well, me and Ira of course have our house and cars to think about. This morning at 4am, while I was laying in bed, I thought of my red Dooney purse. hahaha. Who will this go to? I'm pretty sure I know who this will go to now. I hope this person takes care of it and enjoys it as much as I do. =)

3 comments:

  1. ME?!?!?!?!!? PLEEEEEAAASSSEEE!!!!!!!!!!!! It can have it's very own shelf...no other purses allowed...I promise!!!

    Wait...if I get it, then that means you're not here...I don't want that!! I want you here!!! I'm sad now...
    LOVE YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. You will never know until it happens. Man, you just went through a unch of emotions in a few minutes. Maybe by then I'll have more fancy purses to go around. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!! I know...I got all excited and then realized what it would mean...glad you figured out how to comment back, sorry was asleep when you called ;)

    ReplyDelete