Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Wedding Dress

So about 5 days ago, I had my very first fitting and I also had my very first big drama for this wedding. Now, my dress has beadings on the bottom, and before I had purchased it, the sales lady had assured me that I would not lose anything during alterations. I still had a very weird feeling about it as I went to my first fitting. When I got there, the lady proceeded to fit the bust. As she got to the bottom, she tells me that I'm going to lose beading. Calmly, I said, "Well, when I bought the dress I was told that I wouldn't lose anything." Of course, they start thinking of ways to fix it before I go ballistic. Because of some language barriers, I misunderstand her and think that she wants me to find another dress. Turns out she was saying I should order the same dress in Petite. Petite is already 3 inches shorter, so if I still need alterations after that, it won't get rid of any beading. Now the manager gets involved and asks why a petite wasn't ordered in the first place. Duh! If I knew anything about that, I would've asked. You EXPECT the sales woman to know everything and bring that to your attention. She's lucky I didn't blow up right there and I was actually pretty calm.

Basically, I now have to wait for my dress, which has an arrival date of August 27. My wedding is on September 13. She let me know that it'll be done on time. It better be. I'm going to be calling them almost every week once it hits July. You better believe that a bridezilla may come out at them. I bought this dress over a year before the wedding. I shouldn't have to deal with this. That's just B.S. They're rush order is 3 months?!? They better eat up all the costs for any other alterations.

Note to short brides: Make sure you have them order you a petite!

P.S. Can you tell I'm slowly starting to have a small boil building up about this?

1 comment:

  1. Searching for a High low prom dresses ? Browse David's Bridal collection of high low dresses in pink, blue, red, black & various other colors in all sizes!

    ReplyDelete